Through this Presidential Hackathon, you will be able to:
Propel your innovation ambitions.
Get dedicated support in advancing your innovation. Create actionable data, analysis and tools through a dedicated Climate Mitigation or Climate Adaptation that will help you achieve your ambitious Climate Action.
Learn globally, change locally.
Become a change agent in the Climate Action space. Learn from global innovators and practitioners on what works and which mistakes to avoid in generating, analysing and prototyping Climate Mitigation or Climate Adaptation locally or globally.
Join a community of innovators.
Connect with experienced peers who have led successful innovation projects and overcome similar challenges. Be part of an active community and network that can help change global, regional and national norms.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Anyone can apply. We encourage teams from academia, business, civil society, government, media, or a combination of roles. What matters is that you have an open data vision for solving a specific problem, whether it is at global, regional, national or sub-national level.
Your team should recommended consisting of 3-5 members. Successful teams will consist of at least three key roles:
- A Policy Navigator who understands how government systems, market mechanisms, processes and reforms work.
- A Technical Navigator who can navigate data or build tools; and
- A Partnership Builder who can navigate and build buy-in to influence change in stakeholders, but does not have to be from the government.
- Generate open data, you will need a developer who can combine multiple sources and create machine-readable data;
- Analyse open data, you will need a data analyst with data cleaning and analysis skills;
- Prototype, you will need a developer who can build the target product on top of your chosen open data.
WIN THE FINAL PITCH INVITATION AND MORE
Make your project sparkle in Taiwan! Prizes for winning teams include:
- Award cup
- The opportunity to present your live demo in the Taiwan Presidential Office.
- An invitation from the Taiwanese government for future collaboration.
Travel arrangements and reimbursement will be announced once when approved by the Organizer.
The Organizer reserves the right to alter the format of the Finalist event, award and prizes at any time without prior notice to the participants, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the participants prior to the date of the event.
Start your application here